by Staff Writer
I have found myself in an awkward time.
It didn’t come by way of tragedy or a major event; it came by being thrust into a different environment with requirements that shattered my comfortable routine. It’s as if I have been kicked out of the comfortable nest of “just me & God” and being forced to fly into maturity. Taking advantage of the moment, the enemy was ready with irrational thoughts to make me question the future that I once saw so clearly in my mind’s eye.
True to His character, I’m comforted by a Word that God has embedded in my spirit. It’s message replays throughout the day like an audio track on repeat. The LORD is my Shepherd, Psalms 23.
Psalms 23 was a chapter I memorized as part of a Sunday School assignment. Little did I know that it was implanting incorruptible seed that had multiplied and bloomed in the right season. For me, that season is now.
God is reminding me that He alone is my Shepherd.
I can have confidence in His care and grace. I don’t have to know where I’m going. I don’t have to be in control. I don’t have to know what to expect. I simply need to know Who my Shepherd is and FOLLOW HIM!
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Because God is my Shepherd, He will take care of me completely. don’t have to worry or be anxious about tomorrow.See Also: Matthew 6:25
With Him, I can be at peace.See Also: Isaiah 26:3, Philippians 4:7
When I’m feeling mentally/spiritually tired, HE restores me. He will keep directing down the right path for His glory.See Also: Isa 58:11, Isa 41:10
In times of danger or distress, I don’t need to fear because God is with me. His direction, guidance and correction are proof of His love for me.See Also: Ps 4:8
I am clearly marked by His favor and even enemies cannot stop it.
- Matthew 6:25, 26 – Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?
- Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
- Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 58:11 – The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
- Isaiah 41:10 – Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Psalm 4:8 – In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.