Who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the helper.
What is Baptism in the Holy Spirit?
The baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in other tongues is a gift for every believer and a beautiful promise of Jesus.
As with salvation, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift promised to Christians who ask in faith. Baptism in the Holy Spirit (often referred to as ‘praying in the Spirit’ or ‘speaking in tongues’ or ‘heavenly language’) provides a means to supernaturally communicate with God. The Holy Spirit teaches, leads, and guides us through the avenue of praying in a heavenly language.
Why Should I Pray in Tongues?
Praying in tongues bypasses our understanding and the devil’s ability to know what we are praying. When you don’t know what to pray, you can pray in tongues to supernaturally pray the mind of Christ.
Praying in the Spirit is a powerful weapon that the enemy cannot effectively fight against. Because of its power, the devil works to keep you from praying in the Spirit.
Scripture References: 1 Corinthians 14:2, 1 Corinthians 14:14, Jude 20 and Romans 8:26-27
How Do I Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- Ask God for the gift. Just ask. It’s that simple.
- Receive in faith. Jesus said that all we need to do is ask in faith, believe and receive. Reference: Galatians 3:14, Acts 8:12-14 and Acts 8:16-17
- Speak in your heavenly language. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He will not force your tongue to move or force you to speak.
- Believe and speak in faith. Don’t second guess yourself.
- Receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit is not a weird experience
- Try not to entertain “mythical” thoughts on what is supposed to happen
- Some receive many words the first time; others don’t. Everyone’s experience is different
- Be confident and know that you are magnifying God and praying to Him through the Holy Spirit.
Reference: John 7:38
Are You Ready?
Pray this sample prayer aloud in faith and believe God will honor you:
Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus. I am born again, Jesus is my Lord and I am Your child. You said in Your Word that if I ask for the Holy Spirit that I will receive. I ask You now to fill me to overflowing right now. Holy Spirit, make your home within me now and give me this heavenly language. Thank you, Father, that I am now filled with the Holy Spirit and speak in other tongues as the Spirit gives me utterance.